Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The Google Carpet Marker

http://www.robertsollis.com/page/pages/google/google.html
Ah... I've got a feeling this isn't the first time this has been done, but since it's someone at my old alma mater (hah), the Royal College of Art, I kind of have to post it. Plus, it's cute. Although I'm not entirely certain where the tent would be, it doesn't appear that the satellite photos have been updated fast enough - predictable, but still, how cool would that have been?



On a completely unrelated note, why the heck did the designers of my computer keyboard put the quotation marks as a 'Shift +' key? I use them far more than I do, say, #, or [], all of which have their own keys. Dammit people, get a grip.

2 comments:

Doctor Curry said...

Because, using your paragraph above as an example, you don't use them nearly as often as the single quote. (On US keyboards, the # sign is Shift-3.) (In typographic reality, of course, having a single key for opening and closing quotes is completely incorrect. Those are actually feet and inches marks.)

Paul ◘ said...

While this is hilarious, and while I may be missing the point, I have to ask if Google maps must be updated by Google central. It seems to me that an individual user may "place" a tag at any venue and make it accessable to browsers generally ... or does this apply to only Google Earth?