Friday, July 16, 2010

Invention of the Day. Week. Month. Year, possibly

http://www.spiraleyeneedles.com/
As core77 points out in their much more attractive article, the website needs a little work... but as an invention, I think this is just awesomely brilliant.



I've always struggled with threading needles - heck, who hasn't? - but it took an enthusiastic Mum whose eyesight was failing her to come up with this. It's still at the "garden shed" stage of production, but I can't help feeling it's only a matter of time before this goes global. I hope this woman gets herself some decent IP protection for when that happens.

Anyway, it's v impressive.

5 comments:

Chris G said...

there are already easy thread needles available - I have one at home but this does look like a very nice design.

Tomos Hillman said...

< PeterSealy>Baked!< /PeterSealy> :)

Chris G said...

hah very hah! why have you been so absent on flickr and here too come to that?

Paul M said...

I concur, similar designs exist. This does look like it might be easy to use though. I'd like one with a little rubber sleeve in the eye, to try to lock the thread in place and keep it from slipping back out.

xandra m said...

still a good idea!