Thursday, August 10, 2006

Movement in Design

My brother has berated me for having a lack of twaddle on my blog. You'll be soorreeee.... but why should I write my own when there's so much fascinating twaddle being written by other people? Ben Hopson, for example, sets down some interesting thoughts on movement in design, which I have to agree is a long-neglected area. It's not enough that something should be well-designed from a static point of view; interaction is almost always dynamic, and the dynamics of an object are often neglected. How do we describe them? More importantly, how do we research them and develop them into a feature? Well, using video, Ben. Obviously. Duh. But it's still a neglected field, so good on you for thinking about it.

Haven't had time to check out the videos, but if they're as novel as his writing then I'm sure they're fascinating.


No comments: